FWIW I think one year is more than enough of deprecation time for any
change, especially for something so easy as this. It's not like we are
forcing users to upgrade to the newest version as soon as possible. I
still haven't used PHP 8.3, and I most likely will not use it for
another year. In practice, a year of deprecation time is much more for
most of the people.
Additionally, people can start fixing it right now. The tools already
provide such an option and the alternative syntax has been in
existence for some time.
If we find out that the change is being more difficult to implement
than anticipated, the solution would be to postpone the removal.
Deprecation can happen in any version and I see no reason to restrict
this by implementing a new policy. But if anyone would want to do
this, then there should be a separate RFC and discussion for this. In
terms of this RFC, I see no reason not to accept it.