Hello Lukas,

Monday, February 25, 2008, 5:04:45 PM, Pierre wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>>
>>  > Personally I prefer going with a wiki, because I do not have much
>> affection
>>  > with CVS for these kinds of documents (actually I do think that the
>> README's
>>  > should be in CVS, which is why I worked with Hannes on creating the
>> current
>>  > php.net/reST interface). I have put this document up on my wiki [12], and
>>  > will keep it uptodate.
>>
>>  I'd go for RFC in CVS/Rest, and the todo's in a wiki.

> Limiting the RFC to existing php.net's member sound  like a bad idea
> and create CVS accounts only for a RFC does not sound any better.

> I would rather use the wiki for the complete process. Once a RFC
> reached a "stable" status, we can add it to a RFC repository.

> VC are perfect for source codes and relatively static contents but nor
> for documents edition like what we need for RFC, todos or other
> similar documents (no source code).

We should have all such docs on a WiKi with ACLs reflecting CVS accounts
and additional WiKi specific accounts. As Pierre points out correctly,
having to give every newcomer for every idea a CVS Access is pretty bad.
Maybe the bast way to do it is to control that by our user database. Very
easy, or is this too easy?

Best regards,
 Marcus