Hi!

I) Wiki
One option is to setup a wiki, the proposed choice was using dokuwiki, which seems to support a flexibile auth system (so that we can use cvs auth by default and fall back to a dokuwiki account for new guys that do not yet have a cvs account), ACL's (so that we can control where new guys can play around), namespaces (so that we can structure related content), breadcrumb navigation, history/diffing. For a full feature list look here [10]. Of course its PHP and OSS, so we can hack on it as we please.

I'm for using wiki for brainstorm-stage projects - basically anybody with a crazy idea backed by some explanations, examples, etc. should be able to place it into the wiki and have it there for discussion. There should be very relaxed procedure on giving auth there - basically anybody who's not a troll or a bot should be able to play :)

For projects that are in more "accepted" state - i.e. ones that we know we want to do in PHP and have good idea how, or TODO items that are agreed upon and just waiting for people to take care of them - CVS-based system like reST sounds better. These docs would be mostly static and for informational purposes - like NEWS etc. Current CVS accounts would be enough for those, since people that have reason to edit them probably would be people already holding CVS account anyway.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.zend.com/
(408)253-8829   MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]