Hi Chris

2009/4/2 Chris Stockton <chrisstockto...@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Robert Cummings <rob...@interjinn.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wrap the whole  highlighted block in a div with a class:

>> Add one more INI setting to change that class. Let users leverage
>> hierarchical CSS rules:
>>
>> div.php-highlighted-code span.keyword { color: red; }
>
> I like that, and would further elaborate instead of INI changes etc,
> allow a key-value pair array to be passed as a third argument. Perhaps
> ini changes could be the "default" names.
>
> mixed highlight_file (string $filename [, bool $return= false [, array
> $class_names]]);
>
> comment|default|keyword|html|string)
>
> Array(
>    'div_wrapper' => 'xyz-cms-div-wrapper',
>    'default' => 'xyz-cms-default',
>    'etc' => 'xyz-cms-etc',
> );
>
> The good thing about this as well, is for some odd or logical reason
> if your using highlighting multiple times, you can change the class
> names of each highlight without something like ini_set.

I must honest, I don't really like this approach (passing an array
with class names), I think INI calls are better, or even better if we
wrap it all into a "Highlight" class which could make the API alot
easier not only for classes, but also inline colors and perhaps even
more options later on.

> -Chris
>
> --

Kalle Sommer Nielsen