On Wed Jun 16 07:04 AM, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
> > > drop the Sqlite2 extensions from Trunk as they are superseded by
> the
> > Sqlite3
> > > extensions. The sqlite2 library is no longer maintainer and the
> > > migration path from version 2 to 3 is very simple. Unless there
> > > any objections, I'd like to make this happen in the next week or two.

I'm all for starting to use sqlite3 but I found two issues with the
migration to the new api:

a) sqlite_busy_timeout is not available in sqlite3.c

This is important for an application to return a failure right away instead
of wait for locks to be release.
The patch looks simple since it's a wrapper for

SQLITE_API int sqlite3_busy_timeout(sqlite3*, int ms);

b) No persistent connections

Any reason why it wasn't migrated from sqlite.c?