Johannes Schlüter schrieb:
As I said before in this thread: Realistically we can't drop it. Too
many tutorials, books, applications, ... mention mysql_* and ignore the
limitations and issues the old mysql extension provides...

True, true...

One of the best things one can do is to bash very article, blog posting, mailinglist posting and in particular every recent book showing ext/mysql examples instead or either ext/mysqli or PDO_MySQL examples.

Every now and then we get feature requests for ext/mysql through bug reports. The reporters often complain badly if we MySQL guys refuse to add the requested feature to ext/mysql ...

Ulf