On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Hannes Magnusson
<hannes.magnus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:48, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:18 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I checked the source, if the permissions are set correctly, then the
>>> required code change is minimal:
>>> in the php-wiki/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/doodle/syntax.php file we have to
>>> modify the render and castVote methods to check
>>> $this->isAllowedToEditEntry($fullname) and thats it.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ferenc Kovács
>>> @Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu
>>>

>> of course the explicit group checking would be better, because
>> currently we have votes under rfc namespace where some users have
>> write access as they proposed/wanted to propose some rfc but they
>> shouldn't .
>

> I think we should be able to differentiate the voters manually this time.
> But implementing those voting RFC rules before next time would be ideal.
>
> -Hannes

after some discussion on irc, we agreed that for a quick fix for the
wiki we should only allow voting for the following groups:
- phpcvs : this is a fake group, every @php.net user is part of it.
- voting: this group isn't exists yet AFAIK, we should add everybody
to this who are allowed to vote, bu don't have svn account.

my patch is on gist: https://gist.github.com/1076035
if you think its fine, it could be commited, I don't have karma for the wiki.

ps: I also allowed the wiki admins to access the voting features just in case.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu