On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.com> wrote:

> The simple explanation from me is that the ROI isn't there on this one.
> It adds a lot of code complexity for very little return. Yes, it saves a
> couple of lines of boilerplate code for a few people, but the cost is
> high in terms of ongoing maintenance and potential issues for opcode
> caches as well. If you look at the split in voting you will notice it is
> pretty much split along the lines of the people who have to maintain
> this code vs. the people who would like a shiny new feature.

I did a bit of testing with APC today and here is what I came up with:
https://gist.github.com/4597660 It adds the logic for copying the accessor
functions in my_copy_property_info*. This seemed to do the trick in my
testing, but I don't really know APC, so I can't judge whether it might
require further changes.

Thanks,
Nikita