On 5 March 2015 at 12:21, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be good to do a pecl release for each of them, and mark the
> package as deprecated/overseeded by mysqli (I let you choose). Doing
> so will trigger a build there, cleaner.

I'm on the fence about making a release for ereg and mysql: it would
help in terms of code availability, but at the same time I feel like
it undermines our message of "no, really, don't use these at all in
PHP 7", even though they'd be marked as unmaintained and deprecated.

I guess I'm open to persuasion either way here.

Adam