Hi Nikita,

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 1:44 AM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

> All items mentioned in the RFC are removed now, excepting the
> mbstring/iconv encoding settings. I tried doing that, but it looks like the
> new encoding settings don't actually work. I also noticed that they were
> introduced under the names XYZ_encoding instead of php.XYZ_encoding, as the
> RFC says.

I'm not sure what do you mean by  "I also noticed that they were introduced
under the names XYZ_encoding instead of php.XYZ_encoding, as the RFC says."
because
I cannot take a look at code now.

Anyway, I have work in progress patch for it. However, I noticed that I
need
additional functions for iconv.

http://php.net/manual/en/book.iconv.php

iconv does not have functions set input/output/internal encoding for
temporary
purpose. e.g. To process external inputs that have encoding other than
global
setting. My work is stopped by this.

Proper resolution for this would be introducing functions that set
input/output/internal
encoding for iconv.

If nobody objects, I'll add these and finish my patch.

Any comments?

Regards,

--
Yasuo Ohgaki