Normally, I prefer to lurk and observe, but this posting
prompts me to ask:  Why does Verisign NOT use it
own products in the conduct of its daily email business?

No doubt we have all received hundreds of messages
from various Verisign units during the past few years.
Have you ever seen one signed with a Verisign
certificate?  I have not.

When you ask Verisign managers why they do not
sign their email, do you get a responsive reply?
I never have.

Is the use of PKI-signed email too expensive and
too complex for use by the rank and file for "normal
business operations"?  I don't think so.

Is it possible that Verisign's Marketing VP and
CEO are unaware of the potential global branding
benefits if every Verisign email was signed?

And, am I wrong in believing that Verisign's
marketing failure could be seriously degrading
the market acceptance of all digital signatures?

Robert Frank
Pleasanton, California
www.opencommerce.com