Thank you, Remi!​

If you have dozens of Mb of datas, then LocalStorage is a dead end. It has
> been designed to be a local cookie (aka not available server-side, so not
> sent in every http request). So just to store a string or two (username,
> json string of params, ...), not megabytes of text.
> IndexedDb is the (only) right way to go. It’s a totally crappy
> over-engineered noSql beast, but that’s the only option we have nowdays...
> Longer answer here : https://softwareengineering.
> stackexchange.com/a/219964

​I've got Kb:s in my LDB now and no problem so far.​ - ​I couple of years
ago I stumbled somewhere over a code of a simple local database, but I
can't find it anymore.

The install prompt is a new spec only available on Google Chrome. It uses a
> web manifest json file to do it. Then all the rest that makes a
> “progressive webapp” (PWA) is a set of new html5 features like service
> workers, push api, ...
> For Safari (iOS), standalone mode still exists, but you have to implement
> this “add to homescreen” prompt yourself.

​We need to find a better way - *really *easy for the user.
​

> Scramblers? Are you looking for a way to minimize your JS/CSS file size or
> to really encrypt them?

​Encryption. Encyption of especially the code but also the database.
​

> What about eval() ? It’s pretty unpopular those days but surely doing the
> job.
> Or you can just call localStorage as an array.
>
> function init_ldb(fname){
>   return (fname!=“”)?localStorage[fname].toString():null;
> }
>
> But then, “fname” must match your localStorage object name (customers,
> products, jobs,...)

​Hmmmm... interesting...great! I'll try that.

I handle the LDBs a strings, and then split them with ("fileEnd" in the
communication with the server) "postEnd" and "fieldEnd". Getting them back
into one string for each data file is a peace of cake.

Another question.
I use GET or POST in the communication between the app and the server. It
happens that the server points out that my URL is too long (I don't
remember if it is using GET or POST or both). This happens particularly
when I have a report (it may consist of several pages) in my app​ and want
to send it (via the server) to my email box. (As soon as I get the info to
the server I have a
​ ​
simple
php script that takes care of the emailing.)

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Rune