> ​I've got Kb:s in my LDB now and no problem so far.​ - ​I couple of years ago
> I stumbled somewhere over a code of a simple local database, but I can't find
> it anymore.

Less than a Mb you should be fine.
Mozilla LocalForage ?

>> The install prompt is a new spec only available on Google Chrome. It uses a
>> web manifest json file to do it. Then all the rest that makes a “progressive
>> webapp” (PWA) is a set of new html5 features like service workers, push api,
>> For Safari (iOS), standalone mode still exists, but you have to implement
>> this “add to homescreen” prompt yourself.
>
> ​We need to find a better way - really easy for the user.

Chrome’s Web Manifest is the easiest way to go then. You need https for that
btw.

> ​
>> Scramblers? Are you looking for a way to minimize your JS/CSS file size or
>> to really encrypt them?
>
> ​Encryption. Encyption of especially the code but also the database.

Code & data encryption is two very different things. First should rely to some
serverside mechanisms. Second is something you should code. Basic way is to
encrypt & decrypt based on user´s credentials. This means at some point you
need a login screen.

Note that both will come with some performance cost.

> ​
>> What about eval() ? It’s pretty unpopular those days but surely doing the
>> job.
>> Or you can just call localStorage as an array.
>>
>> function init_ldb(fname){
>>   return (fname!=“”)?localStorage[fname].toString():null;
>> }
>>
>> But then, “fname” must match your localStorage object name (customers,
>> products, jobs,...)
>
> ​Hmmmm... interesting...great! I'll try that.
>
> I handle the LDBs a strings, and then split them with ("fileEnd" in the
> communication with the server) "postEnd" and "fieldEnd". Getting them back
> into one string for each data file is a peace of cake.

Not sure i get it but if this works for you, fine :)

> Another question.
> I use GET or POST in the communication between the app and the server. It
> happens that the server points out that my URL is too long (I don't remember
> if it is using GET or POST or both). This happens particularly when I have a
> report (it may consist of several pages) in my app​ and want to send it (via
> the server) to my email box. (As soon as I get the info to the server I have
> a​ ​simple php script that takes care of the emailing.)
>
> Any suggestions?

No limitations on POST except server side conf. Mostly 2mb by default btw.
You should definitely use POST anytime.

A GET request will hit the 2kb limitation, with other issues like special chars
encoding, req cache & others...

Remi