Bruno Lowagie (iText <bruno <at> lowagie.com> writes:

> Jonathan G.Underwood wrote:
> > Is there any possibility of removing the clause above, or even just the
> > word "licensed"?
>
> We both know that it doesn't work that way.
> We are using some JAI classes under a license that was granted
> by SUN in 2001. Meanwhile this license has changed, but for use
> in iText, the 2001 license is maintained.

OK - I wasn't aware of the history and thought/hoped that perhaps all of the
relevant copyright holders might still be active contributors to itext and might
consider a license change (straws and clutching). Oh well.

> Either you Fedora guys donate some code replacing the JAI code
> under a license that is acceptable for the iText community and
> yourself, or, if the license makes use of iText in Fedore impossible,
> you don't use iText at all. (Also don't forget to throw away PdfTk
> in that case!!!)

I am afraid that's already happened - this was my effort at reversing the
situation. Oh well, thanks for your reply.

Jonathan.