Feladó: [EMAIL PROTECTED] meghatalmazó: Csillag Kristof
Küldve: 2007.03.22., Cs 20:36
Címzett: Discussion list for development of the IVTV driver
Tárgy: RE: [ivtv-devel] Displaying (other) HW-rendered data in the ivtv Xserver?

Neither I am an expert in graphics hardware, but my understanding is this:

Newer graphics card can do something called off-screen rendering, which means
that the card create the graphics, and the puts it back to the system main
memory,
there applications can use it however they like.

(I did a quick google search on the term, and it gave back this:
http://www.mesa3d.org/osmesa.html)

If I am not mistaken, for examples compositing window managers use this feature.

For example, my mainboard has integrated graphics hardware (intel g965), which
uses a part of the system memory as video memory. So if off-screen rendering is
possible,
the rendered image should just end up in the memory. So, the data is surely
available
to the CPU, it just has to be transferred to the video memory if the other card.

(At least, this is what I would like to believe.)

  Kristof