Chris wrote:
> Okay.  Other than supporting more platforms/os's, I can't think of
> anything :)

I haven't read the japhar source, but I'm curious about how you are
using libffi.  Often times people do not cache cif structures once
they've been prep'd.  You really only need to do this once, and then
simply update the contents of the argument value array before each
call.  This can give you a big performance boost.  Also, it's likely
that you don't ever pass structures by value.  I'd like to make this a
configure time option - which will also improve performance.

As for Windows...  I've only tried building it with the cygwin stuff.
What's painful about supporting the MS tools is the assembly code and
build magic.  I suppose someone can hack a Makefile.MS, but the asm
code will have to be ported to masm, or something like that.  I don't
imagine I'll ever do this myself - but I'm happy to merge patches.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California