John Keiser wrote:

> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> > btw, i started work on a JIT (written in java, of course :)
> > shorly before the electrical
> > fire release since I was getting antsy to work on a compile (and
> > look what I do after
> > it's released.  nothing.)
> >

> I have a question, since you seem to be working on both EF and Japhar ... is
> there something that Japhar is designed to provide that EF can't easily
> provide?  And vice versa of course.

Well...  the entire thought behind the jit I started writing was that it be
written in java, and support batch compilation (.java to PIC .o files).

EF has work done on it for the former, but it's not written in java :)

 I'm certainly not trying to compete with EF here, the jit I started working on
was just something to pass the time, and an amusing experience of writing a
java compiler in java.

Chris