We want to be able to return a result regardless if users use a colon or not in
the query.  So 'work:' and 'work' query should still return same result.

With the current parser if a user enters 'work:'  with a ":" , Lucene does not
return anything :-(.   It seems to me the Lucene parser issue.... we are
wondering if there is any simple way to make the Lucene parser ignore the ":"
in the query?

any thoughts?

Erick Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I've got to ask why you'd want to
search on colons. Why not just index the
words without colons and search without them too? Let's say you index the
word "work:" Do you really want to have a search on "work" fail?

By and large, you're better off indexing and searching without
punctuation....

Best
Erick