Wow. Major problem and major repair. Glad it finally worked out for you.
Thanks for the tip.

Dave

From: "Cristóbal" <crismuno...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 18:19
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Major computer issue after updating Jaws

A final follow up to this issue.
I reached out to Microsoft Accessibility. After going over everything, they
suggested that it was most likely a Windows update that for whatever reason
went bad. We tried going into the update section of settings and it kept on
closing on me with all sorts of error messages.
The FS tech who I spoke to (Dennis I believe was his name) also mentioned
this as a possibility.
In any event, with my still working Windows 7 laptop, I downloaded a Windows
10 ISO, burned it to a DVD and popped it into the tower with my sighted wife
following the prompts to repair keeping my files and programs in tact.
This did the trick. It ran, rebooted a few times and is now up and
functioning as it should with all sounds and services running.
Thought I'd share should anyone ever come across a similar problem. Needless
to say, I'm going to keep a Win 10 recovery disk handy from now on.
Been using Jaws since V 3.7U and this is the first time I encountered an
issue such as disruptive as this during an update.