From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 3:26 PM
To: JAWS Users <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Downgrading to JAWS 16

Hi everyone!

Back in 2013, when I was finally declared legally blind and had to switch
from Zoom Text to JAWS, JAWS was at version 15.

As I recall, other than having to learn it on my own because the Lighthouse
here is a bad joke, there were few, if any problems I had with it, it just
worked. JAWS 16 was pretty much the same but with the addition of the very
useful command search function.

Then came JAWS 17 with the apparent almost complete rewrite of the engine.
>From there it seemed like every time I turned around I was running into
another misfunction of JAWS. Version 18, when it came out wasn't much
better.

So, after long thought, as well as fighting an apparently  recalcitrant
version of JAWS, I've finally decided to install version 16 to see how it
compares to version 18. If it works as well as my memory of it recalls, I
will eventually uninstall JAWS 18, and consider not maintaining my SMA
anymore. Besides my dissatisfaction with versions 17 and 18, it seems like
most of the enhancements are for Windows 10 and have no effect on my Windows
7 system which I have no plans to upgrade.
If things do change for the better in the future, I can always reestablish a
new SMA.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this idea or has already
preceded me in downgrading back to version 16.

Thanks!

Later...