From: Gene Warner
To: JAWS Users
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 12:25 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Downgrading to JAWS 16

Hi everyone!

Back in 2013, when I was finally declared legally blind and had to
switch from Zoom Text to JAWS, JAWS was at version 15.

As I recall, other than having to learn it on my own because the
Lighthouse here is a bad joke, there were few, if any problems I had
with it, it just worked. JAWS 16 was pretty much the same but with the
addition of the very useful command search function.

Then came JAWS 17 with the apparent almost complete rewrite of the
engine. From there it seemed like every time I turned around I was
running into another misfunction of JAWS. Version 18, when it came out
wasn't much better.

So, after long thought, as well as fighting an apparently  recalcitrant
version of JAWS, I've finally decided to install version 16 to see how
it compares to version 18. If it works as well as my memory of it
recalls, I will eventually uninstall JAWS 18, and consider not
maintaining my SMA anymore. Besides my dissatisfaction with versions 17
and 18, it seems like most of the enhancements are for Windows 10 and
have no effect on my Windows 7 system which I have no plans to upgrade.
If things do change for the better in the future, I can always
reestablish a new SMA.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this idea or has
already preceded me in downgrading back to version 16.

Thanks!

Later...