From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of John M.
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 4:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Downgrading to JAWS 16

Hi Gene,

I have been using Jaws since version 5. Over the years, I have found that
some versions of Jaws are very good and others are junk. In my opinion,
version 17 is junk. I had upgraded from Jaws 15 to 17. After the upgrade, I
had nothing but problems. After several months of struggling, I eventually
installed version 16 and that is what I am still using today. I tried
version 18 for a short while, but it was still not as stable and reliable as

version 16. I am using Windows 7 also. One more thing...I still use Office
2003, because I just like it a lot. Jaws version 17 support for Office 2003
was terrible.

I always go back to a saying that I have used for years--"Just because you
can doesn't mean you should.". Just because there is a new version of
Windows or Office or Jaws or any other piece of software or hardware,
doesn't mean you have to rush to install it or purchase it. I rely on my
computer on a daily basis to do my job and service my clients. I demand that

my core software is extremely stable and reliable. I have Jaws SMAs through
version 20. I don't know if I will actually switch to those versions. Time
will tell.

Best,
John