From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Tom Fairhurst
Sent: September 22, 2017 9:56 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Strange occurrence turning on the computer

My computer had been starting slowly for a long time. I was having trouble
with Office 365, so I called the Microsoft Disability Desk. The lady who
helped me with Office 365 also helped me to speed up my computer at startup
by disabling a number of programs in msconfig. I don't recommend looking at
this lightly because doing so without knowing what you are doing could keep
your computer from starting properly. once I understood what she was doing,
things indeed went much  faster, even though I put back a few programs I
wanted. Thus, your issues may involve JAWS by itself, be in combination
wwith other programs, or not JAWS related at all.