I'm sure nobody else does this, but it works for me.
Insert f11 didn't work for me either.

Go to your desktop and tab to your Start button. press the spacebar

Right arrow across the system tray icons.
When you get to volume, press spacebar.
You will be on a scroll bar and you can use your up and down arrows
to raise or lower the volume. If you tab once from that scroll bar,
you should be on the Mute button. You can then choose to check or uncheck it.
HTH.
At 10:13 AM 7/11/2008, you wrote:
>Alt v???

body of a blank message to: