Another thing: Depending on the directory structure of the DVD, you might need to go to the Play menu, down arrow to Chapter and manually start the movie at the first chapter. Many DVDs are now laden with features, accessible typically from a start menu that is often labeled as Title 1. The DVD should move normally from chapter to chapter once the first actual chapter in the movie has been started. BTW, this is not the case for all DVDs, but I've often seen it when using VLC. HTH - Paul
---

On 3/22/2016 5:53 PM, Jim wrote:
Hi Mike,
Open VLC media player first.
Put your DVD movie into your tray and close the door.
Try pressing ALT+F, right arrow to the play menu.
Down arrow to play, press enter.
Also, you can try pressing the applications key, then arrow down to play.
When ever I played a movie in w-7, I always opened VLC media first and then put the disk into my DVD drive.
Hope this helps...

Love God! with your heart, mind, and soul, that you might be blessed reaching His goal. Love your Neighbor as you would yourself, God will truly reward you with good health. Love God, your neighbor, as you love yourself, you will then be spiritually balanced with wealth. Love His Word that proceeds from His lips, then reflect on the heavens where God sits.
Jim
-----Original Message----- From: Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:54 PM
To: Jaws-Users List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] VLC Media Player

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, VLC, & Jaws 16.  For the life of me I can't
get a movie on DVD to play with VLc. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling using the custom settings, & no go. I've set VLC as the default player, & checked the select all checkbox in defaults, but when choosing Play with VLc from the context menu I can't get the DVD to start. Would y'all give me a
swift kick as to how to get DVD's to play with VLC?  Thanks much.
Take care.
Mike, Go Dodgers!