Hi Paul.  I must admit that it's been some time since I even tried debugging
a GUI application (6 months?).  Since then, I've migrated to emacs 21.1, at
least 2 versions of jdee, and applied multiple windows updates.

This morning, I wrote a trivial swing program and fired up the debugger.  Of
course, everthing works fine now.  (both launching and attaching to an
existing process).  Emacs no longer freezes when i hit a break point on the
event dispatch thread.  I've changed something in my environment, but I
can't be much help in telling you what.  Maybe somebody who is experiencing
the problem can incrementally upgrade and nail down where the problem is
(was).

My current environement:
MS Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 2
Emacs 21.1.1
JDEE 2.2.9beta10
jdk 1.3.1_01

-jim