It's probably best if you can show an example of what you're trying to do, with the fragment of the binding definition and the actual post-set method code.

- Dennis

Beet wrote:

The problem is that I'm using the default attribute to set each
element value to the empty string if it doesn't exist, so nothing is
ever null.  Right now I've had to settle for doing similar to what you
suggested as your second option, but I don't really like it because,
since nothing is ever null, I use the empty string for comparison.  So
if all the subelements in my optional structure are empty, then the
boolean never gets set.

I'm just curious as to why post-set doesn't work in this instance.  Is
there a reason for this?