The factory-method option could never apply to anything that doesn't have an associated object, but the others could. I think it'd be more confusing to have these separate. To me it makes sense that all these methods should apply at the level of a Java object. I'll think about it, though. You can add this as an enhancement request in Jira if you want, so I don't forget about it.

 - Dennis

Beet wrote:

okay, I see what you're saying...

the problem with going up a level is that you lose the level of
granularity you sometimes need.  I know that you listed some
workarounds before, and that's what I'm using right now, but it seems
like it'd be a nice little 'enhancement' to allow method hooks at this
level.

Or is it just not possible?  I admit I haven't seen the source code,
so maybe I'm just not getting something.