Hi Jeff

That's a little strange. "exit" should do what you wish, at least according to
the documentation (I have no direct experience)

I suggest that you try this:

add
 !exit
as the first line of your script files or the first command of your inline
scripts
that are callled from buttons.

Following your example, I would do this:
[1] scene is loaded with:
Jmol.script(jmolview1, '!exit; load model.pdb; script initial-view.spt;´);

[2] clicking a play button begins the animation with:
Jmol.script(jmolview1, '!exit; load model.pdb; script animation.spt;´);

[3] combined into [4]:
Jmol.script(jmolview1, '!exit; load model.pdb; script initial-view2.spt;´);

Let's see if that helps

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.