Thanks Angel,

I tried using exit (and !exit) before the scripts but this does not stop
animations from the previous script.

I put together a simplified example of what I’m trying to do here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/530483/9jBxSgu3K7/jsmol/test/test.html

Animation 1 by itself zooms in, highlights a bond, then zooms back out.
Animation 2 adds some labels and highlights a bond. (The two script files being
used are embedded on the page for reference.)

If you click the button to start Animation 1, then click Animation 2 while it’s
zooming, the zoom continues and both animations happen together. You can also
see some weird behavior by clicking the same animation button repeatedly,
almost like the scripted animation gets multiplied.

Is there a way to completely clear animations in the queue and in progress? Or
reset the jmolview applet somehow? I thought about using a separate applet for
each animation, then show and hide each one, but in a tutorial with 15-20
different scenes I thought that might impact the performance.

-Jeff