On 2005-02-28 (11:01) Bob Hanson wrote:

>timothy driscoll wrote:
>

>>so I would argue against putting a visible, active Jmol on your
>>home
>page, for example
>>, until you can run some basic compatibility checks.
>
>I worry about this on the new Jmol test page. Is that page set up to
>detect the absense of capability to run the applet? Or does it just
>look bad when the capability isn't there?

the capability exists in Jmol.js to test all aspects of the user system
(browser, system, various functionality).  I don't know whether these tests are
enabled by default at the Jmol home pages.

tim
--
Timothy Driscoll
molvisions - see, grasp, learn.

"A debugged program is one for which you have not yet found the conditions that
make it fail." - Jerry Ogdin