Bob,

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Robert Hanson <hans...@stolaf.edu> wrote:
> I'm sure there is. And if VMD is any example, the use of GPUs would vastly
> increase performance. It would be a great project for someone to explore.
> Since I know nothing about parallel processing, I'm not the one to take it
> on.

How is a Jmol view (Image) currently calculated? Wasn't this done
pixel by pixel (that's what I remember, but I might be mixing up
things)? Would it then not be possible to divide the Image into 2
parts and calculate each in 2 threads (etc)?

Egon

--
Post-doc @ Uppsala University
Proteochemometrics / Bioclipse Group of Prof. Jarl Wikberg