You would attach a 3D echo rather than a label.
use a SMARTS search for SS:

Var ssBondAtoms = {*}.find("SMARTS","SS")

Then get those bonds:

Var ssBonds = ssBondAtoms.bonds

Now go through those, pinpointing the centers:

for (Var i = 1; i <= ssBonds.length; i++) {
  Var bondCenter  = ssBonds[i].xyz
  script inline @{"set echo ssbond" + i +" " + bondCenter + ";echo
WHATEVER"}
}

[The script inline business is necessary because I have not gotten set echo
going with variables yet .]

Bob

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:00 AM, <jaime.prilu...@weizmann.ac.il> wrote:

> A question just came out from a chemistry teachers workshop:
> "Can you place a label pointing to an ssbond?" They wanted to
> make it evident for students where hbonds and ssbonds are.
>
> My question: how do I select a particular (or all) ssbond/hbond ?
> The idea is not to select neither of the atoms that the
> bond is connecting to, but to the bond line itself.
> If possible, then, can I attach a label to the selection?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jaim
> --
>  Dr Jaime Prilusky                      | jaime.prilu...@weizmann.ac.il
>  Head Bioinformatics                    |
>  R&D Bioinformatics and Data Management |
>  Department of Biological Services      |
>  Weizmann Institute of Science          | fax: 972-8-9344113
>  76100 Rehovot - Israel                 | tel: 972-8-9344959
>
>  OCA, http://oca.weizmann.ac.il (the protein structure/function database)
>  Proteopedia, http://proteopedia.org (because life has more than 2D)

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900