Ok, that confirms the explanation.

Henry,

Yes, the <uploadedFileContents> tag was designed to hide such complexity
from the user (the call to Special:FilePath is done internally by the
extension).
But using this for scripts would be quite complex because the extension
would have to parse the Jmol script...

If you have ideas of what syntax should be used in the extension to make
using it simple, don't hesitate.
I intend to work again on the extension some time in the future, still not
sure when.

Nico