I have the impression that I'm missing a point in this discussion...

The situation Henry is talking about is that he need to access several
files that have been previously uploaded to the Wiki.
When you upload several files, they usually end up in different directories
(due to the md5 hash on the name), without any way to control it.
So, I could easily add a code for defaultDirectory at the beginning of the
script (even automatically by the Jmol extension).
But my problem is to define this default directory so that it is useful :

   - there are no files in the root directory for uploads => not a good
   default directory
   - the directory where the uploaded file is (<uploadedFileContents> gives
   the atom coordinates file) is not the same directory where the surface file
   is => won't work to find the surface file
   - ...

Nico