Hi Martin

Yes, I know the feeling. It has happened to me occasionally.

1. Make sure you clear up the Java cache. Maybe try another browser
to be sure it is not "contaminated" bu cached copies.

2. Check the paths of the files involved. Sister folders for example
are a cause of security exceptions. But sometimes what used to work
gives this error, often it is not permanent.

I think it may well be a difference in Java's "view" between in-page
scripts and external files scripts. Particularly for recent Java
versions which are becoming more and more picky.

If you can share the URL, I will happily try it.

Good luck