This might explain the erratic behaviour. It seems to work now and then, with
not clear pattern.

Eve the simple example by Angel at
http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Loading_Notice , pasted in JSmol Console, is not
working. It will freeze while calculating, render the surface, and maybe draw
and erase the message in a fast sequence.

set echo top center;
echo "Calculating surface...";
refresh;
isosurface mySurface molecular;
echo;

Jaim

On Jan 15, 2014, at 7:03 PM, Robert Hanson