On 01/16/2014 06:14 PM, Jaime Prilusky wrote:
> This might explain the erratic behaviour. It seems to work now and then, with
> not clear pattern.
>
> Eve the simple example by Angel at
> http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Loading_Notice , pasted in JSmol Console, is
> not working. It will freeze while calculating, render the surface, and maybe
> draw and erase the message in a fast sequence.

Since you used 'Jmol' in your earlier posts in this thread I assumed you
were referring to the Java version. But since you are now using 'JSmol
console' I have also tested it in the 'Jena3D Viewer' with JSmol/HTML5
(http://jenalib.fli-leibniz.de/cgi-bin/3d_mapping.pl?CODE=3cro&APPLET=html5).

I can see the same behaviour there as you reported it if I invoke the
command 'isosurface solvent'. But it seems to have a clear browser
dependent pattern:

With Chromium 31 on Linux the "Please wait..." message is never
displayed before the isosurface is calculated.

With Firefox 26 on Linux the "Please wait..." message is displayed
before the isosurface is calculated the first time the command is
invoked after page load. Any further time it is not.

Regards,
Rolf

--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228