Jennifer,

This is a super simple page at Robert Lancashire's site:

http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm/spectra/jsmol/demos/vinylpyrrolidinone.html
<http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm/spectra/jsmol/demos/vinylpyrrolidinone.html>

It’s not carrying the weight of all of the JQuery/Bootstrap code on your page,
so the bare bones of getting the load set up is clear, strangely interesting,
but clear. Some observations on this point:

1) The relevant js load is simply:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../JSmol.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/JSmolMenu.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/JSmolJSV.js"></script>

2) Both JSmol and JSV Info definitions have the j2sPath reference. You only
have this with JSmol Info definition.

3) Now it gets really interesting, strange but interesting! The code is not
lengthy, so check it out on the page. First note that he is using
Jmol.setAppletSync([jsvApplet, jmolApplet], ["load ../data/vinylpyrr.jdx", ""],
true); Bob discusses this here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/jmol/mailman/message/31421841/
<https://sourceforge.net/p/jmol/mailman/message/31421841/>

Second, he is using a Javascript construct that concatenates the above and the
Info variable declarations with a self-invoking anonymous function. Wild guess
here: He’s doing this because he’s not using JQuery???? This following example
code is a variation of the Lancashire code that DOES use JQuery, but it also
uses the self-invoking anonymous function. I do not know why; I’m just
reporting what I found!

http://cgit.drupalcode.org/molecule/tree/jsmol/testjsv_mol.htm?id=47b902360e3d8ab55304fb362cad55fd48529607

<http://cgit.drupalcode.org/molecule/tree/jsmol/testjsv_mol.htm?id=47b902360e3d8ab55304fb362cad55fd48529607>

Anyway, the above use of JQuery loads both applets as follows:

$(document).ready(function() {
     $("#jmoldiv").html(Jmol.getAppletHtml("jmolApplet0", MInfo));
     $("#jsvdiv").html(Jmol.getJSVAppletHtml("jsvApplet0",SInfo));
});

This suggests timing is important.

I hope this helps! It has certainly been instructive on my end.

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.org