Am 09.06.17 um 15:21 schrieb Robert Hanson:
Yes. By "felt" you mean that the browser will manage its threads
relating to tabs and other dyanamic content (e.g. ads), and it may shift
a running JavaScript app to a lower priority more likely than a running
Java application would or, in particular, then a running Java applet would.

When I tested this outside of Jmol with some Javascript it even seemed to me that a script run repeatedly was slowed down by the browser deliberately, although nothing else did change what would require to change the priority.

Regards,
Rolf