He really does not explain why he feels this way.  Frankly, I feel the
exact opposite, putting a better interface on DOM manipulation and
simplifying the JS has made my code easier to read and follow.  Just
ask the Java developers I work with who are not asking "what does this
do again?" nearly as much as they used to.

Agreed. I use jQuery on a fairly large scale project and the
separation and modularization that jQuery allows has really improved
the workflow. With jQuery, everybody can write code in separate files
and it all plays nicely together thanks to the onready call back
stuff.

Seems like he's maybe just picking on the competition, though jQuery
isn't exactly competition. Dojo is a really "heavy" framework compared
to jQuery and is better suited to a different type of application,
IMHO.

--Erik