OK, I'm responding to multiple emails here.

http://education.llnl.gov/jquery/autocomplete.html

There is no result or search being called. There is a value attribute in the
field, but no value.

I changed the option and now that's working.

I think the arrows down in "more" is what is a little deceiving.  That's
what made me try to click on it.

You'll see a couple of examples to try on my page of some other problems
(selected options from the list not being allowed??) only an option that
"starts with" what is typed is allowed.

My actual query on the server is like this:

if: (action_param: 'q');
var: 'q' = (action_param: 'q')->(split: ' '), 'filter' = string;
iterate: $q, (var: 'qval');
    $filter += "AND school like '%" $qval "%' ";
/iterate;
$filter->(RemoveLeading: 'AND');
var: 'sql' = "select distinct school from universities where " $filter "
ORDER BY school";
inline: -database='candidates', -sql=$sql, -maxrecords='all',
-username=(global: 'su'), -password=(global: 'sp');
records;
    field('school') '\n';
/records;
/inline;
/if;

So "ca poly" would result in this query:

select distinct school from universities where school like '%ca%' AND school
like '%poly%'

This schools list is encompassing most schools in the US and many from
around the world.  Sometimes even a "narrow" search isn't narrow enough,
which is why I set a high "max".  For instance, there are many schools in
Los Angeles.

I noticed something else odd with the cache results (maybe it was me
selecting the wrong option).

I want to return all univ in ca.  since they are formed like "univ of ca" or
"ca state univ", I just type "univ ca"  if I run this query directly in the
database, it returns 115 results, but the autocomplete is limiting it to 1
"univ catolica, Nicaragua" (and even if I select it, nothing happens).