So that I can optimize my autocomplete, I'd like your opinion.

There are cases where there might be a couple hundred results - even if the
full name of a person is typed in (like "Miller" or "Johnson").  Most of the
time there are *that* many.  But as I type, "Mi" ... "l" ... "e", the
results are going to be a subset of the original.  matchSubset default is
true and cacheLength default is 10.  Shouldn't it *not* sent a 2nd request
to the server for the additional letters?

This are the current settings I'm using:
$('#user').autocomplete("tools/people.lasso", {minChars: 2, delay: 150,
formatResult: formatResult, formatItem: formatItem, max: 2000, width: 300});