jQuery UI is quite modular. If you want only the dialog plugin, you only
need to include a couple of files:

dimensions
UI draggable
UI resizable
UI dialog

If you want to get even slimmer and aren't interested in your dialog being
draggable or resizable, you can leave either/both of those out too, and have
just dimensions and dialog. These options are also switchable, if you do
have those files included. The demo doesn't (yet) show many options that
dialog has. Until then, feel free to look at this unit test page which
should show the rest, as well as how to use them:

http://dev.jquery.com/view/trunk/ui/tests/uiTest.dialog.html

If you have any feeback/see some features missing that you feel would make
it more complete/usable, we'd love to hear from you on the jQuery UI mailing
list:

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-ui/

Thanks.

- Richard