If you have a copy of IE6 - take a look at the demos and tests (if
not, you could install <a href="http://tredosoft.com/
Multiple_IE">Multiple IE</a>).

If you are referring to the opacity of the overlay, that does work in
IE6 (through the powers of jQuery). If you are asking about something
else, let me know.

Thanks,
Eric