Nazgulled,

"Which one is best" kind of questions, usually lead to: it depends. It
depends on what you want to use the dialog for and what your
requirements are.

Back in Nov 2007, I was evaluating modal dialogs for a project I was
working on. For various reasons, I ended up writing my own modal
dialog plugin, SimpleModal (http://www.ericmmartin.com/projects/
simplemodal/).

For me, I just wanted something that would easily display content in a
modal dialog, whether it was content from the DOM, a response from an
Ajax call, HTML, or a plain string.

It doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles...it just provides a
simple, cross-browser compatible, interface to display data in a modal
dialog.

HTH.

-Eric