That sounds like you validate a page for the sake of validation. I think
thats beneath the point, therefore I don't get your argument. Do you worry
about accessibility? If so, did you test the tooltip with a screenreader?
Afaik thats the best way to test for accessibility; validation not so much.

Jörn