Hi Drew, thanks for the quick response.

DF> I would be willing to bet that your issue is not in the APPLICATION SERVER,
DF> but in the code. This is simply not normal behavior for ColdFusion/JRun or
DF> it would not be used as widely as it is.

That's somewhat of a surprising comment, Macromedia's forums were
littered with reports of just how unstable CFMX for J2EE on JRUN4 is.

>From that forum I was given the impression that such behavior IS quote
common. It's definately interesting, and gives some glimmer of hope,
to hear another side.

Scouring the various forums available last night, I actually got the
impression that it Isn't that widely used, exactly for that reason,
that it isn't very stable.

There also appeared to be a distinct lack of willing, or ability (not
sure which) to help on Macromedia's part.

DF> First: are you using ColdFusion? or just JRun?

I'm running CFMX for J2EE. The reason for that decision, to my
knowledge, was simply to allow for distributed processing across
clustered servers.

I am coming in on the tail end of this project, so I don't know the
full reasons for the design decisions made.  All I do know, is that
right now, I have a problem with the JRUN service on the server
spiking, crashing, and requiring me to manually reset it.

DF> Second: What is your Web Server?

We're using IIS on a separate box, using the JRUN connector.

DF> Third: depending on whether you are using ColdFusion or JRun, you will want
DF> to use the appropriate debugging tools to see what is going on. If you are
DF> using both, I would debug first one, then the other.

I'm looking into debugging JRUN, the CFMX code is at least stable
enough to support 2/3 users... so It's leaning toward JRUN simply not
being man enough for the job. Especially in the face of examples such
as :

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=69&threadid=806965

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=69&threadid=799421

And it's the JRUN connector which ultimately errors.

DF> Hope this helps.

DF> -Drew Falkman

Thanks for the suggestions..

~ Jon