  From: Gregory Whitfield
  To: juenger_org@yahoogroups.de
  Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 6:14 AM
  Subject: [juenger_org] Re-publication of The Failure of Technology

    Relative newcomer to Juenger that I am , I wonder to what degree Juenger
was influenced -- if at all -- by Jaspers, Spengler and Heidegger regarding his
antipathy towards modernity and technology ?

        Taking the point further ( the banality and dangers of technology as
mass 'culture' ) I find Horkheimer and Adorno's "Dialectic of Enlightenment /
Enlightenment as Mass Deception" to be very relevant, though I markedly qualify
that by saying I am no great fan at all of the Frankfurt School and their aims
and affiliations.

http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/adorno/1944/culture-industry.htm

        Greg.