Hei Larry,

Larry Becker wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Michaël and Stefan.  In case anyone out there is
> wondering what is the use of a toolbox that can only reuse existing menu
> features, it is all about optimizing work flow.

Yep.. this was for instance a request by Bernd with respect to the
"merge two polygons" function. Though - I think they went ahead now with
some custom developments based on your great Python extension. The
advantage of having in-house developers, for some.

> I believe we have an
> opportunity to position OpenJump as being the best tool for data
> creation and editing.

yep that where I see OJ's strengths too, including of course QA and
extending it to data conflation

> The EZ Buttons function furthers that aim by
> allowing users to optimize repetitive tasks.  EZ Buttons can be used in
> conjunction with BeanTools scripting for the creation of custom tools.

I was wondering if that is possible.
So how would that go? a script that adds a menu item and then one
selects that item?

stefan